Are you looking for rapid career development, challenging work and international exposure in an informal, fun and creative work environment? Then Creative Software is the place for you. We are always on the lookout for talented software professionals and graduates who would like to join our growing team.
About this position
Founded in 1999, Creative Software is a global technology enabler and pioneer in Sri Lanka’s tech industry. We manage teams of high-performing, dedicated software engineers for our global clientele, providing them with end-to-end software development and maintenance services through team augmentation.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Research and Development Centre in Colombo and be a part of our team of 300+ problem solvers who build brilliant tech, influencing billions of users globally.
It’s ideal if you are with:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Data Science/ Statistics or an equivalent qualification.
· Minimum 3+ years of experience in a data-intense role with some software development background.
· Strong understanding of data engineering and data science fundamentals.
· Good knowledge of working with data technologies, such as ETL, SQL, and Python.
· Python proficiency with experience in Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Flask, and FastAPI libraries.
· Experience with GitHub and GitActions (version control).
· Hands-on experience with data visualization technologies such as Grafana/PowerBI/Streamlit (one or more).
· Hands-on experience in IoT integrations will be an added advantage (OPCUA/MODBUS/PROFIBUS/MQTT).
· Experience with cloud infrastructure services (Azure, GCP) is an advantage.
· Competency in machine learning principles and techniques is an advantage.
· Good understanding of container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
· Good understanding of Agile software development practices (Scrum).
· Very good communication skills in English, verbal, and written.
· Ability to work on both internal and external client-facing projects and communicate with key stakeholders.
· Willing to work irregularly (i.e., European hours)
It’s ideal if your expertise is to:
· Work with Solution Architects and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to understand client requirements.
· Develop new custom extractors using Python and deploy them in cloud infrastructure. This includes data discovery, preprocessing, and integration.
· Manage and maintain custom data extractors using backend technologies and languages i.e. Python, Spark, and Rest APIs.
· Author data transformations using SQL and manage DataOps pipelines.
· Develop and manage custom data solutions including data pipelines and data visualization dashboards.
· Develop and manage custom data models using Python for contextualizations.
· Take ownership of work and keep up to date with project deadlines.
· Build strong work relationships with the client's product management and development team.
· Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
· Review team members’ code and provide constructive feedback.